Candle Makers E-commerce website - Terms and ConditionsDescription of goods supplied,
- Candle Makers manufacture and distribute candles and candle related products in South Africa.
Registration and use of the website;
- Candle Makers require clients to register in order to make use of the website.
- To register click on the “Register” button at the right-hand top of the home page, you must use your email address as your username and provide a password. Your address and other contact details must be entered here as it will speed up the checkout process once all your details are on record.
- Your email address and password will be used to access your account on the Candle Makers website.
- You agree and warrant that your username and password will be used for your personal use only and not be disclosed by you to any third party.
- You agree to notify Candle Makers immediately upon becoming aware of or suspecting any unauthorised access to or use of your access login details and to take steps to mitigate any resultant loss or harm.
- By using the Candle Makers website you warrant that you are 18 (eighteen) years of age or older and of full legal capacity. If your parent or legal guardian supervises you and gives their consent, then such person agrees to be bound to these Terms and Conditions and to be liable and responsible for you and all your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
- Subject to availability and receipt of payment, orders will be processed and delivered within 3 to 5 working days unless stated otherwise on the website product details.
- Delivery will be done by The Courier Guy’s Domestic Road Freight Service.
- Additional charges may apply for outlying and or areas outside of major centers within the borders of South Africa.
- Your order will be confirmed by way of an email.
- Collection and deliveries only take place from Monday to Friday during normal office hours. - - Collection and deliveries in some areas may be limited to certain days.
- All delivery costs quoted on the Candle Makers website are exclusive of VAT and will be added at the checkout stage.
- The offering on the Candle Makers website is available to South African clients only.
- The supply of goods by Candle Makers is subject to availability. In cases of unavailability, Candle Makers will refund the client in full within 30 days.
Standard returns policy,
- We want you to be happy with your purchase from Candle Makers. If you are not completely satisfied, you can return the product to us and we will either repair or replace it or credit your account, subject to the below terms.
- In order to process returns timeously you are responsible for the following when returning products; pack the products safely and securely for protection during transport, clearly mark your return reference number on the outside of the parcel.
- Please note all refunds will only be made to the same method used to do the original payment.
-You need to log the return on the Candle Makers website under the “My Account” tag within 14 days.
- You can return unwanted products to us provided; it is not damaged, not used, and re-saleable in its original packaging with all labels still attached.
- You need to log the return on the Candle Makers website under the “My Account” tag within 14 days.
- The return courier charge will be for the client’s cost.
- Once the returned product has been inspected and validated, we will at your choice deliver another product of your choice or credit your account with the purchase price of the product within 10 days of the return (or refund you if that is your preference).
Products damaged on delivery,
- If a product is damaged or any parts are missing at the time of delivery, please notify us within 7days of such delivery by logging the return on the Candle Makers website under the “My Account” tag.
- We will at our cost collect the damaged product from you. Once the returned product has been inspected and validated, we will at your choice deliver another product of your choice or credit your account with the purchase price of the product within 10 days of the return (or refund you if that is your preference).
- All efforts have been made to ensure that our clients are delivered a high-quality product that will satisfy your needs in good working order and without defects.
- The following will not be regarded as a defect and will not be approved for a return; faults resulting from normal wear and tear, damage arising from negligence or user abuse or incorrect usage of the product, damage arising from electrical surges, damage arising from a failure to care for the product, damage arising from unauthorised alterations to the product, where the specifications of a product although accurately described on the Candle Makers website and generally fit for it’s intended purpose do not suit you.
- If for some reason you do receive a defective or poor quality product please notify the Candle Makers as soon as reasonably possible after becoming aware of the defect or poor quality product, this warranty is valid for a period of 30 days from the date of receipt of the product.
- Log the return of the defective product on the Candle Makers website under the “My Account” tag.
- We will at our cost collect the defective product from you. Once the returned product has been inspected and validated, we will at your choice deliver another product of your choice or credit your account with the purchase price of the product within 10 days of the return (or refund you if that is your preference).
Gift card coupon redemption,
- Where you have used a gift card coupon to pay for an order, and you or the Candle Makers decides to cancel your order (or part thereof) prior to the delivery of an order, or you log a return of one or more of the products for credit in accordance with the Standard returns policy, the value of the Gift card coupon will be deducted off the purchase price of the canceled or returned product(s), and your account will be credited for the balance if any (or refund you if that is your preference). We will then replace the Gift card coupon to the same value as the original Gift card coupon used. Candle Makers may in its sole discretion impose restrictions on the use of the replacement Gift card coupon. For any subsequent cancellations or returns arising out of the same order, we will credit your account as normal with the value of the returned product (or refund you if that is your preference).
- Wherever you have used a Gift card coupon to purchase a product that you later return for a refund in accordance with the policy, Candle Makers cannot refund you in cash for that portion of the purchase which you paid using the Gift card coupon, but your account will be credited.
- Candle Makers shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of clients and users of the website. For the purpose of this clause, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from http://www.polity.org.za/attachment.php?aa_id=3569
Payment options accepted,
- Candle Makers are committed to providing secure online payment facilities, all transactions are encrypted using appropriate encryption technology.
- Payment options available to our clients; Visa and Mastercard debit and credit cards vis Paygate (Pty)Ltd, Masterpass payment option, instant EFT or direct deposit, Zapper, and PayPal.
Card acquiring and security,
- Card transactions will be acquired by Candle Makers via PayGate (Pty)Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for all South African Acquiring Banks. PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no card details are stored on the website. Clients may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
- Client details will be stored by Candle Makers separately from card details which are entered by the client on PayGate’s secure payment options site.
Merchant Outlet country and transaction currency,
- The Candle Makers outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. The transaction currency is South African Rand (ZAR)for all payment options other than PayPal. PayPal payments are made in US Dollars ($) if the customer wants to make us of the PayPal option the Dollar ($) currency must be selected at the top of the home page.
Candle Makers takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services sold on this website, customer service and support, dispute resolution, and delivery of goods.
Country of domicile,
- This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and Candle Makers chooses as it’s domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature.
- Candle Makers my, in its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
- This website is run by Inyameko Trading 853 cc based in South Africa trading as Candle Makers and with registration number CK2007/033497/23 and the members are Ernest De Witt and Riana De Witt.
Candle Makers contact details,
- Company physical address; 24 Malibongwe Drive, Robindale, Randburg, 2194.
Email; sales @candlemakers.co.za. Telephone; 011 022 4810 / 011 026 8588.