Candle Makers E-commerce website – Privacy Notice
Registration and use of the website;
- Candle Makers require clients to register in order to make use of the website.
- To register click on the “Register” button at the right-hand top of the home page, you must use your email address as your username and provide a password. Your address and other contact details must be entered here as it will speed up the checkout process once all your details are on record.
- Your email address and password will be used to access your account on the Candle Makers website.
- You agree and warrant that your username and password will be used for your personal use only and not be disclosed by you to any third party.
- You agree to notify Candle Makers immediately upon becoming aware of or suspecting any unauthorised access to or use of your access login details and to take steps to mitigate any resultant loss or harm.
- By using the Candle Makers website you warrant that you are 18 (eighteen) years of age or older and of full legal capacity. If your parent or legal guardian supervises you and gives their consent, then such person agrees to be bound to these Terms and Conditions and to be liable and responsible for you and all your obligations under these Terms and Conditions.
- Candle Makers shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of clients and users of the website. For the purpose of this clause, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from http://www.polity.org.za/attachment.php?aa_id=3569
Card acquiring and security,
- Card transactions will be acquired by Candle Makers via PayGate (Pty)Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for all South African Acquiring Banks. PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no card details are stored on the website. Clients may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
- Client details will be stored by Candle Makers separately from card details which are entered by the client on PayGate’s secure payment options site.